We're pleased to announce that in-person Sunday services and Sunday School resume Sunday, May 16th. Masks must be worn upon entering the building.
For the time being Wednesday testimony meetings will continue online only.
Also, beginning May 16th there will be a link on this page to the online recording of the Sunday service at The Mother Church.
ONLINE SUNDAY SERVICE (through May 9th)
ALL DAY: click here to listen or replay
To see Sunday's hymns and more, click here
ONLINE WEDNESDAY TESTIMONY MEETING
7:30 PM: click here to listen via Zoom
Zoom Meeting ID: 975 4114 7650
OR, one-tap mobile on your smart phone (Android or iPhone)
1 (669) 900-6833,,97541147650#,,0#,,
To see Wednesday's hymns and more, click here
Meet our Readers
Lona Ingwerson, CS
Sunday morning worship
10:00 a.m. online or by phone
It's a time for reflection, renewal and healing. If you're attending for the first time you will recognize familiar elements - hymns, prayer, readings from the Bible, a warm sense of fellowship.
A unique feature is that we don’t have personal preachers or pastors conducting the services. Our Pastor is the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, the textbook of Christian Science. On Sundays, two lay readers conduct services that are based on weekly Bible Lessons that are studied by Christian Scientists throughout the world.
There is a simplicity to the services that is very much in keeping with the earliest Christian gatherings where love and healing were at the heart of worship. See the tenets of Christian Science.
Sunday School is currently holding virtual classes for teens and young children either by call-in or online.
Wednesday testimony meetings
7:30 p.m. online or by phone
On Wednesday evenings we gather for an informal mid-week meeting with inspiring readings and hymns. A portion of the meeting is always set aside for people to give thanks for blessings and healing experiences that have resulted from prayer and their study of Christian Science.
The readings are posted on our website each week.
Meet our Pastor
Mary Baker Eddy, the Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science, introduced a revolutionary form of Christian worship over a hundred years ago. She abandoned personal preaching and ordained the Bible and her book, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, as pastor of The First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston and each of its branch churches around the world.
We love knowing that our “pastor” is available 24/7, and we turn to our pastor as we study a Bible Lesson each week that consists of references from the Bible and Science and Health. See articles related to this week's Bible Lesson.
Studying the weekly Bible Lesson
You will find our weekly Bible Lesson marked for study and reflection at our Reading Room or you may purchase the published Lesson in a number of formats to fit your needs. You may also subscribe online.
- Citation Edition - Contains the Bible Lesson citations (page and line references) to help you study from the books.
- Full Text Edition - Contains the entire text of Bible and Science and Health references.
- Audio Editions - The CD Edition and iPod/MP3 Edition are a convenient way to listen to the Lesson on the go.
- e Bible Lesson - Audio, in-context, and PDF formats are available for use on your smartphone, tablet, eReader, or computer
- my Bible Lesson - Designed for young people and youthful thinkers. Includes study tools.
- Spanish Edition - Includes the full text of the Lesson in Spanish.
Directions to church
Ample parking is available on church property.
- Click here for directions from Los Angeles and points north
- Click here for directions from San Diego and points south
- Click here for directions from Palm Springs and points east